Hunting & Trapping Licenses

Hunting, habitat fee, fur harvester and lifetime hunting for citizens 65 and over and various special season licenses are sold at the Recorder's office. This office can also issue nonresident licenses. Nonresident Hunting License and Habitat fees are required.

Hunter Education
If you were born after January 1, 1972 you must satisfactorily complete a hunter education course in order to obtain a hunting license. Call the Recorder's office for details.

We have forms for the Annual Free Fishing or combined Hunting and Fishing License for low income, 65 or older or low income permanently disabled. The completed forms are processed by the DNR in Des Moines. You can contact them at 515-281-8688. For additional information you can also visit the Department of Natural Resources website.