Motor Vehicle


  • Transfer ownership of all motor vehicles, trailers, travel trailers and mobile homes in Black Hawk County and collect appropriate fees.
  • Issue Regular, Replacement, Salvage and In-Transit Titles
  • Issue junking certificates for vehicles that are dismantled or will no longer be used upon the highway
  • Renew all motor vehicles, trailers and travels registrations located in Black Hawk County
  • Record and release security interests
  • Issue special license plates
  • Process registration refund claim 
  • Collect parking tickets for Black Hawk County and manage City of Waterloo parking ticket stops
  • Collect Department of Revenue and ICIS stops
  • Work and assist Iowa Department of Transportation, Bureau of Investigations and Identity Protection
  • Prepare monthly reports for Iowa Departments of Transportation and Revenue